Saturday, November 7, 2009

Doodlings...

This is a special card that I made for my Aunt Kim. She sent me a big box full of goodies on my birthday in September. A few weeks ago I designed this thank you card and sent it to her. She LOVES, I mean reeeeally loves, cats. I had fun creating this rather round kitty. His personality really shows. He ended up being roughly 7-8 inches long and about 4-5 inches tall. The materials I used were colored pencils and a fine black pen for outlining. You will recognize some of the quilting motifs I used - like the Mermaid Hair on his belly...I am really stuck on Mermaid Hair right now...I love sewing that design. My aunt said she loved it and might even frame it. I think I might have to do some more of these sometime...I had fun creating this kitty!


Upclose: his back feet...I don't know WHY this posted sideways! Oh well...


His happy face and chubby cheeks....

I made sure to stick to ROY - G - BIV for his tail...all the colors of the rainbow side by side really pack a punch! His tail was fun to color in but even more fun to cut out.

No comments: