Sunday, October 18, 2009

Underwater Adventure #1

The quilt I recieved from Robin had an artsy funky feel to it. She had creatively stitched together several different fabrics, including velvet, cottons, lace and a variety of others. She said to do whatever we wanted on it! I love hearing those words! The quilt was framed in a green batik border with fish printed on it. This is what originally inspired me to take this quilt in an "ocean themed" direction. The rest of the fabrics were somewhat neutral and did not have a specifically nautical theme...but when I saw the border I knew the decision making process was over. I immediately dove in on this underwater adventure and had a blast stitching seaweed, pebbles, waves and scales all over the quilt! More to come soon so stay tuned!!!

No comments: