Friday, September 18, 2009

Happy Birthday Mom...and nice job!

This post is all about my best friend in the whole wide world...MOM. Today, is her birthday! Happy Birthday! I love you...thanks for being such an amazing person...you're the best! I am thankful for all that you have taught me throughout my life - like how to longarm quilt for instance ((~: I have learned and am still learning so many valuable lessons from your example. More than anything, I am thankful that you have shown me what it means to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and to pursue Him with my whole heart. Thanks also, by the way, for putting up with my pig-headed moments. I thank God that He picked you to be MY mom. You truly are one of the most precious gifts in my life...thank you for your faithful friendship. I love you.

Marge did a great job piecing the quilt seen in this post. Not only were her color choices and pattern lovely, but her quilting technique was excellent. It is a pleasure to quilt a quilt that lays so flat and is so perfectly pressed. It turned out beautiful after the quilting was done, and Marge was very happy with the results. Mom was rockin' and rollin' on this beauty.


Before...
After...
Love the lighting in the one. Our workroom is very "sunshiny." It is pleasant to work in.
Look at that level of concentration!!! You go girl! Show em' how it's done!

Anchoring the thread before "take-off"...

Upclose shot of her lovely stitching.

Overall, the quilting added a much needed finishing touch. The pattern of the quilt was interesting and held one's eye, however the solid-like prints stood out in stark contrast against the white background. It was as if the top lacked a final uniting step. The rich, yet "quiet," fabrics were the perfect background for adding busy, lively freeform feather to.
Ya' did good Ma....

No comments: