Wednesday, June 2, 2010

MQS Rocked!!!

The week I spend at MQS was so worthwhile and inspiring because of what I learned from these talented quilt artists and because of the many new friendships I started. It was an absolute BLAST getting to be a Teacher's Angel (teacher's aid) for Karen McTavish and Sue Patten. I also enjoyed all the classes I took with Myrna Ficken, Mary Nordeng, Sally Terry, Linda Taylor, Claudia Pfeil, and Gina Perkes! You ladies were fantastic! Ultimately I came away from MQS with several new long arm quilting patterns to offer my customers and my brain is still buzzing with new ideas everyday. Going to MQS was like diving into the deepest end of the pool...I am excited about challenging myself with a seemingly endless array of stitched designs. I am also thinking very strongly that I might try to design a show quilt next year...hmmm. This was probably one of the best business trips I have ever taken. I LOVED it and can't wait to go back next year. Be sure to check out each teacher's website - they are all linked to their names. **See the two posts previous to this one for more information on Claudia Pfeil and Gina Perkes.



 

                            Mary Nordeng                                        



No comments: