Saturday, February 13, 2010

B is for Butterfly - Butterfly Garden Quilt #3

It was a bit tricky coming up with "the one" perfect butterfly for Ilene's quilt. I had never sewn butterflies before and knew that these had to be more elegant than whimsical. It would have been a different story if I was simply adding a few butterflies here and there to a basic whimsy (loops) motif. That was not the case as Ilene had requested freeform feather with butterflies. Several sketches later, I came up with a butterfly that could be sewn in one pass and that fit with the feel of my free form feather quilting design. I was excited to have been given this challenge. Now I have another spin on my free form feather design. One thing I have learned this past year as I have taken on various quilting challenges is that creativity and inspiration never run out. Every time I think I might have run out of ideas...a new one springs into my mind. I am constantly inspired by many different things and love my job!!!! Enjoy the butterflies!




No comments: